Thursday, December 07, 2006

Out of the frying pan, into the fire

I have officially given up with Lisey's Story. I had completely forgotten until they emailed me to tell me it was on its way, that I had pre-ordered Hannibal Rising from Amazon. It arrived on Tuesday so I kicked Stephen King to the kerb for Thomas Harris.

Well, the title of this entry should tell you how that's turning out. I'm only 40 pages in and it's a REAL struggle so far. It's horribly horribly written, the prose is so fucking godwaful and clumsy it makes Dan Brown look like Charles Dickens. Shame. I am going to persevere with it for a bit longer but my hopes really aren't high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God. I am dying for some good new literature to read and I keep hoping you're going to post a rave so I'll have something to pick up. Alas.