Friday, December 22, 2006

Harry Potter Book 7

Ah so it's The Deathly Hallows, is it? Interesting. Hopefully this means the transition from cutesy pre-teen to young adult is now complete. After the disappointment of Order Of The Phoenix (how they're going to make a movie out of it that's even remotely interesting is anybody's guess), I really very much enjoyed Half Blood Prince and the "all bets are off" ending is the absolute best thing Rowling could have done as the lead in for the grand finale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm missing some special gene that allows me to relate to the zeitgeist of the times better, but there's a litany of both children's books AND fantasy books (and a few who are a mix of both) that I prefer to Rowling's "Scooby Doo and the Gang go to school at a wizarding school" series.

dirk.mancuso said...

I didn't dislike "Order of the Phoenix" apparently as much as you but I did find the big ending a disappointment. I am however in full agreement about "Half Blodd Prince."

Here's hoping this series goes out on a high note and not a whimper...