Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's the little things, the little things

Obviously I am not in the most upbeat and chipper frame of mind at the moment. You only need scroll down a few entries to see why. And no, it's not because I'm not dating Ryan Reynolds. Anyway, usually I do a pretty good job of papering over the cracks and I have totally gotten a handle on not letting it interfere with work and always being professional. BUT sometimes it's really fucking hard work and yesterday was a real test of my limits.

So it was really lovely to get home and find out a friend with connections had, completely out of the blue, sent me an advance copy of the new Suzanne Vega album, Beauty & Crime. It's on my iPod and will no doubt be on constant rotation for the next couple of weeks, until the posse gets here anyway. There are a couple of tracks on there I remember from seeing her live in 2005 too. It's not due for release until mid July so I'm really happy I received the advance copy. A full review will appear soon enough.

One of my most favourite books of the last few years has been The Time Traveller's Wife. The film version has been on the cards pretty much since it was published. I was happy to see that Eric Bana (who, despite what you can tell from Hulk, can actually act) and Rachel McAdams who I just love love love have been cast in the lead roles. I was also happy to see that Gus Van Sant is no longer directing. He has been off his game, to say the least, for a few years now. I wasn't overly thrilled that the director of Flightplan is now helming the project but eh, you can't have everything.

1 comment:

Limecrete said...

So it was really lovely to get home and find out a friend with connections had, completely out of the blue, sent me an advance copy of the new Suzanne Vega album, Beauty & Crime.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! I didn't know her new one was coming out so soon! I'm off to mark the release date on my calendar.