Wednesday, April 04, 2007

4 for 4/4: Patisserie PCB

I realise this flies in the face of last month's weight loss edition, but there you are. Anyway, I bake a fine cake, or so I am told. The company I work for have a tradition of if it's your birthday then you bring in goodies to share with your team members. A little bit backwards if you ask me but there you have it. Anyway, I baked a cake once for someone and it went down such a storm that it started becoming something of a tradition. The biggest irony is the cake I baked for my birthday was a disaster and went in the bin. Ha!






The top picture is my colleague Hiroko. It wasn't her birthday, she was celebrating (if that's the right word) ten years of being with the company. I had baked the Nigella Lawson Nutella Cake for her. It was phenomenal. The next picture is the cake she baked me for my birthday. It's a red velvet cake but she was wary of the red food dye so it's really just a velvet cake. To the right of it you can see the cookies I baked in place of my cake disaster that was thrown away. Next pic down is the cake I baked for a German colleague who loves kirsch and cherries. It's a rich chocolate cake, but instead of using plain chocolate for it, I used Green & Blacks luxury dark chocolate with dried cherries and the topped it off with some kirsch soaked chocolate covered cherries (they were from a posh organic chocolate shop so they weren't covered, they were enrobed. Whatever). The final pic is a close up of my birthday cake because it's my blog and it's all about me.

Sorry I've been a bit impersonal of late. There's something huge going down right now and until everything is settled I am not breathing a word of it on here. So keep your eyes peeled for a big update later in the week. Hopefully.

No comments: