Friday, May 26, 2006

Watch out!

Today I finally gave in and rejoined WeightWatchers. I have been steadily regaining weight since I got back from NYC in October and I just couldn't run away from the fact that I am fatty boom a latty any longer. Part of the reason I didn't want to join WW was you have to weigh yourself (obviously) and I really don't like knowing just how fat I am. But I braved it and hopped on the scales, having convinced myself I was fatter than I've ever been in my life ever. So I was actually quite pleased to weigh in at 262. Which is 38lbs less than I was at my fattest, but still a good 60lbs higher than I would like. So today was day 1 of operation fat loss. I'll keep you all posted.

X3 is getting mixed reviews and somewhat gratifyingly even the best reviews have mentioned that the edge Bryan Singer brought to the previous two is sadly lacking. I am planning on seeing it tomorrow and I will pass full judgement then......

3 comments:

dirk.mancuso said...

Congrats on rejoining WW. I have been trying to shed a few extra pounds myself so you have company on that front.

Yeah, the X-Men reviews have been not so good. Although to be honest, I never really thought Bryan Singer's efforts were all that great so I may be the one viewer who actually comes out not hating it. Just so long as I get to see sweet James Marsden in them Cyclops goggles it's all gonna be goooooooooooood.

Anonymous said...

How has it been going since Day 1? First steps are the hardest! But you'll get there!

Popcultureboy said...

It's been going fine, as it happens. I haven't been starving hungry and weeping looking at pictures of ice cream or anything. My first weigh in is Friday so we'll see if it's making a difference.