Thursday, May 04, 2006

Poseidon remake in "shorter than original" shocker

Yes indeed, in a time when remakes of older movies always seem to run longer than the original and of course the recent King Kong remake doubled the original's running time, Poseidon has decided to buck the trend. The original film was a few minutes short of 2 hours. The remake comes in at 98 minutes.

However The Da Vinci Code, which SHOULD be a taut little 100 minute chase thriller is a somewhat ridiculous 2 and a half hours long. Sigh.

5 comments:

dirk.mancuso said...

98 minutes does seem a bit short, doesn't it? I think I saw the original at least a couple dozen times as a kid.

Hope they don't screw this one up too bad.

Popcultureboy said...

I thought that too. I checked the BBFC website, which lists exact running time for all films that they have classified, and that is what they report. It does concern me somewhat. We'll see, I guess. I absolutely love the original, I generally love all disaster movies. I'm one of the few people who enjoyed The Perfect Storm, so I think I'll be ok here :-).

Grouchbutt said...

It only took me 2.5 hours to read The Da Vinci Code!

Popcultureboy said...

I KNOW! I feared it would be a page by page adaptation and alas it seems so. Shame.

Limecrete said...

That's good news. I like disaster movies, but they certainly don't need to drag on forever.