Friday, May 12, 2006

Slightly Alarming (part deux)

Remember my ability to kill alarm clocks? It came back full force yesterday and I overslept. I get up at 7:15am and leave the house for work at 8:15am. Yesterday I woke up, yawned, stretched and then realised I felt so refreshed and relaxed. And then I realised about a minute later that that wasn't right. I opened my eyes, looked at the clock, it's 8:10am. Fuck shit piss cunt. I rushed around and was out the door by 8:30am and hightailed it to work and hit my desk on the dot of 9am. At which point I realised I still wasn't quite well enough to pull that shit off and felt like I'd been hit by a truck for the rest of the day.

I have to get a copy of my transcript from my university. It's £25 and can take 3-4 weeks. Like I'm not poor enough and in a big time crunch AS IT IS! Still, I realise it's foolish to be whining after the good news I had earlier in the week. And yet it doesn't stop me.

1 comment:

dirk.mancuso said...

It nevers ceases to amaze me how much it costs to get a transcript that takes forever to be sent. And if you go to the actual office, there are always at least three people sitting there eating m & m's and gossiping. The last time I needed one and asked for it then, I was told "it takes time."

I can see in this computerized age how lifting a finger and pressing a few buttons would take days if not several weeks.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Much luck to you in this endeavor.