Monday, October 01, 2007

PJ Harvey, I love you.

Attended PJ Harvey's solo acoustic performance at the Royal Festival Hall on Saturday night. It was, without question, the most amazing concert I have ever been to. She played:

To Bring You My Love
Send His Love To Me
When Under Ether
The Devil
White Chalk
Man-Size
Angelene
My Beautiful Leah
Nina In Ecstasy
Electric Light
Shame
Snake
Big Exit
Down By The Water
Grow Grow Grow
The Mountain
Silence


Rid Of Me
Water
The Piano
The Desperate Kingdom Of Love


It was 85 minutes of utter joy and adoration that also left me wide eyed and slack jawed at just how fucking talented she is. Her vocal range, the amount of instruments she can play, it's truly staggering. She was warm and funny when chatting to the audience too, which was really lovely, in particular when she broke her drum machine that she'd had fixed specially for the gig. I'm kicking myself for not getting tickets for her NY gig on October 10th now, I can tell you.

1 comment:

lottie - makeup artist said...

you know I hate you, right? First the Tate Modern performance, then Rufus in the rehearsal room at Union Chapel and now THIS? AND to top it all off, I had NO idea PJ was playing NY, on the day I leave for LA no less..argh