Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What's in a name?

I am surely not alone in finding ridiculous names absolutely hilarious. I love it when I am reading a magazine or watching a movie to catch an absolutely ludicrous laugh out loud name in the credits. My current favourite is Antonia Feduchin-Paté.

Well, I found the book that is frankly the holy grail of bonkers names. Potty, Fartwell & Knob delivers crazy name after crazier name and they are all 100% true, verified, confirmed. So I thought I would share some on the blog. They range from the sublime to the ridiculous and I thought what better way to start than with one example of each. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which.

Ok first up:

Erasmus Bugger (Born in North Shields in 1876).

And then:

Lyonesse Matilda Dora Ida Agne Ernestine Curson Paulet Wilbraham Joyce Eugénie Bentley Saxonia Dysart Plantaganet Tollemache-Tollemache (born 1874)

No comments: