Monday, June 18, 2007

All we can do is step back in time

So I decided to re-read all the previous Harry Potter novels in readiness for book 7 next month (more about the actual books themselves later). I also decided as I would have books 5-7 in hardback, I would treat myself to re-buying books 1-4 in hardback from Amazon UK (I am nothing if not wantonly bourgeois). So I ordered them this Friday just gone and selected the free shipping option as there was no real rush to get them. The free shipping option told me the dispatch date would be today and they would arrive anywhere up to the 22nd June.

So I was a little confused when I checked my email on Friday evening to find an email telling me how pleased they were to have dispatched my order. I figured it would arrive today at the earliest. 6:55am on Saturday, the postman is hammering on my door with the parcel. I was simultaneously impressed with the speedy service but so very bitter to be woken up even earlier than I have to get up when I'm actually going to work.

2 comments:

Grouchbutt said...

Amazon UK? You live in England! You can buy Harry Potter books on every street corner!

That said, Amazon free shipping is pretty f***ing fast.

Popcultureboy said...

Actually, the hardcover versions of the earlier books have proven a little more difficult to come by. So Amazon was the way forward.