Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The first silver lining of 2009

On May 18th, Tori Amos releases her 10th studio album, Abnormally Attracted To Sin. It's being accompanied by a world tour this summer, with Ms Amos once again accompanied by her band. On April 1st it was announced she would play a one of solo gig at the Savoy Theatre in London on April 27th. Tickets went on sale and it sold out in 15 minutes. I did not get a ticket.

On the 27th April, it was announced that for the first time in her 20 year career, she was postponing the gig due to illness. Rescheduled for 11th May, original tickets remain valid. I thought "what the hell" and called the ticket line to see if the the rescheduled date had caused anybody to return tickets. They had ONE TICKET LEFT! So PCB does get to go to the ball after all.

I've been seeing her live since 1994 and have seen every tour at least once and pretty much every one off gig since 1998 (I missed the "evening with Tori Amos" to promote Tales of a Librarian as I was out of the country at the time, but that was 90% interview anyway). Solo is my preferred way of seeing her and since she's stated that she'll never do a tour in a solo capacity again as it's "too boring", I'm gonna have to take what I can get in this regard. All I know is I've been ridiculously happy since getting my ticket earlier, so yay!

No comments: