Monday, June 23, 2008

The Shrieking Of The Gulls

I know I have blogged about them before, but this year the nest of seagulls atop the building next door are absolutely excelling themselves. It has gone from being an irritating and unlovely sound that occasionally pierces my deep sleep to a blood curdling cacophony. Imagine an ambulance siren raping a cat before butchering some children and you're part of the way there. It's just insane and they are starting as early as 3am at the moment, which means I am one tired out homo right now. And in a bid to try and make my work life more tolerable, I've been put in charge of a couple of projects, presumably to make me feel important or something. Whatever, it's shit timing as I can barely drag myself through the day with 15 cups of coffee and matchsticks holding my eyes open. Fun.

No comments: